Skip to content
Copper patina paint on a charitable “Mr. Ed”
- Using a Graco HVLP sprayer, Metal Effects Paint from Modern Masters can be applied more evenly than brush and rolling
- After applying the second coat by HVLP spary, the Acid Patina Solution from Modern Masters is applied with a hand skirt bottle to spritz the wet copper paint
- The acid reacts with the copper and gives a beautiful patina
- Since this project will be kept outside, I put a clear coat from Modern Masters over the copper patina to protect it longer from the elements
- Remember “Ajax shakes out white and turns blue!” from the old TV ads? Well thats how this horse of a different color got his name!
- This project was to raise mony for charity and now Mr. Ed AKA: “Cuprious” is gracing the front yard of a donor in Rancho Santa Fe no doubt!