How to work with Oxidizing Copper Paint
Turn wood, plastic or metal into what looks like aged patina copper
- Creating a copper patina finish is pretty easy nowadays
- First coat the item with Modern Masters Metal Effects Primer. This will protect the item from the acid to be used later and also provides a tinted undercoat.
- After primer is dry apply a first coat of Modern Masters Metal Effects Oxidizing Copper paint and allow to dry; apply a second coat (brush/roll or spray) and while the paint is still wet, spray the wet copper paint with the Patina Aging Solution of your choice…Modern Masters sells one that will turn the surfaces green and another that turns the surface a reddish patina….use both for a super cool look!
- When dry (overnight) you are finished or you can put a coat or two of Modern Masters clear UV coating for a super durable finish
- Some projects we have used this technique on are: mailboxes; light fixtures, doors, shutters, gutters, wrought iron gate hardware….really the possibilities are endlesssssss 🙂
- Have fun!