Here is a quick and easy way to get your trim prepared for painting so that the surface is ready for a beautiful and long lasting paint job.
Preparing your interior trim need not create any dust
For this DIY segment you will need:
• A towel to protect the floor
• Household cleaner like Crud Kutter or 409.
• Akitchen sponge
• A squirt bottle filled with water ad a little dish washing liquid (I prefer Dawn)
• A sanding sponge or water-proof sandpaper
What is really great about this technique is that the trim is made very smooth yet de-glossed to that the new paint will adhere and flow out smoothly
• When you are applying a fine finish, you cannot have any dust present. Clients love that it keeps our work areas nice and clean
More on DIY