Here is a quick and easy way to get your trim prepared for painting so that the surface is ready for a beautiful and long lasting paint job.
Preparing your interior trim need not create any dust
For this DIY segment you will need:
• A towel to protect the floor
• Household cleaner like Crud Kutter or 409.
• Akitchen sponge
• A squirt bottle filled with water ad a little dish washing liquid (I prefer Dawn)
• A sanding sponge or water-proof sandpaper
What is really great about this technique is that the trim is made very smooth yet de-glossed to that the new paint will adhere and flow out smoothly
• When you are applying a fine finish, you cannot have any dust present. Clients love that it keeps our work areas nice and clean More on DIY
[…] Tools and supplies you will need: • A drywall “mud-pan” • A 4″ and 6-12″ drywall “knives”…these are the wide metal tools with a handle for spreading the “mud”. • A household sponge • A squirt bottle • Patching compound mud: this can be bought dry in a bag with several different types available that dry quickly. They are sold as 5 minute dry time on up to 45 minute dry time. If you have no time constraints then you can purchase a bucket of premixed “All Purpose” mud…just keep it covered! • Clean your mud pan after each use or mud will dry in your pan and be very difficult to remove. Also do not put remainder fast dry mud (mixed from a bag) into the sink or toilet….it even dries under water and will clog your drains! More DIY […]